Kyle Baldry was born and raised in Gainesville, Florida. He went to U.F. to study radio and television production. While there, he fell in love with radio and worked on the campus station for the entire time he was in school. After graduating, Kyle went to be a little fish in a big pond in LA. He spent some time out there getting better at his craft. He ended up coming back home for the southern hospitality and better fishing. Kyle has been happily working for I Am now for years, and says he doesn't wanna be anywhere else.
Here's a bit more about Kyle, straight from the source!
- What do you love about country music?
Country music brings people together, and reminds you of what’s important in life; family, fun, and working hard.
- What do you like about being on the radio?
Getting to interact with the community.
- Who is your favorite country legend?
Easy. Johnny Cash.
- Who is your favorite new country star?
Sturgill Simpson; great voice, helps veterans, good dude.
- 106.9 I Am Country (for Life) makes a big deal out of playing the songs other country stations seem to be missing these days. With such a rich variety of artists and, what do you like about mixing all these songs on the radio?
Variety is the spice of life!
- When you are on the air, how do you make it special for someone just tuning in to 106.9 I Am Country (for Life)?
I just try and be myself. I don’t put on an act, and don’t waste people’s time with fluff or filler.
Listen to Kyle from 3-7 P.M. every weekday!