Kenny is originally from Plumerville, Arkansas (Population 824). He’s single and never been married, and no kids (yes, there is something wrong with me).
He’s worked in radio since 1984 when we used to play records. Some of his favorite things are college Football, Baseball and Basketball. He also enjoys Horse Racing although he says he’s not that good at picking the horses.
He loves to cook and he sure is proud to play all your favorite forgotten favorites and only the new country you love!
Thank you for listening to 106.9 I Am Country!!
Here's a bit about Kenny, from Kenny!
- What do you love about country music?
Country music is the heart of America. It’s all about real life. Besides, what genre of music can claim a song title “I’ll Name The Dogs.” It’s fun music.
- What do you like about being on the radio?
It all boils down to loving the music and presenting that music in a way that you will enjoy. Songs are often about memories. You connect to the song and a specific memory you have. If I can make that connection for a listener and make them feel good, it makes me happy.
- Who is your favorite country legend?
Willie. He is so special. That’s one of the great things about being on 106.9 I Am Country. All these country radio stations everywhere say they are country, but they have forgotten some great songs by Willie and others that we play. Fun. It’s just fun to play Willie and all the forgotten favorites with only the new country you love!
- Who is your favorite new country star?
- 106.9 I Am Country (for Life) makes a big deal out of playing the songs other country stations seem to be missing these days. With such a rich variety of artists and forgotten favorites, as well as what ya’ll call “only the new country you love,” what do you like about mixing all these songs and artist on the radio?
These so called “forgotten favorites” should have never left the radio to begin with. Listeners want to hear all of the great country songs. All these country radio stations get calls asking for these songs and artists that they’ve forgotten. We just actually play them at 106.9 I Am Country. That being said, some of these ‘forgotten favorites’ are new to another generation of country fans. I love bringing more people into the tent and playing the new country songs that matter. That’s really special.
- When you are on the air, how do you make it special for someone just tuning in to 106.9 I Am Country (for Life)?
Simply welcome them to the party! This is fun music. People are really digging having someone who is unafraid to play a wide variety of the songs we’ve always loved along with the new country that we love today. I’m here to give you what you want. We don’t just say it. We live forgotten favorites and only the new country you love every day on 106.9 I Am Country (for Life)!
Listen to Kenny from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. every weekday!