NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Begins at .
Ends at .
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each sweepstakes. Entry into National Sweepstakes is available through various local partners.
* $5,000 Sweepstakes Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, at least 18 and the age of majority. Limit 1 entry per person/email. Sponsor: Second Street Media, Inc., 1017 Olive St 1st floor, St. Louis, MO 63101. SUBJECT TO OFFICIAL RULES.
**Local Sweepstakes Eligibility:
Open to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. ARV of prize #1: $XX
ARV of prize #2: $XX
Total ARV of all prizes:$XXX
Local Sponsor(s): Name, Address
SUBJECT TO OFFICIAL RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES GOVERN ONLY THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES AND ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO ANY LOCAL SPONSOR SWEEPSTAKES (DEFINED BELOW). ENTRY INTO THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGH NUMEROUS LOCAL SPONSORS.
BY ENTERING THIS NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU, A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, BINDING ARBITRATION OF CLAIMS, WAIVER OF CLASS-ACTION CLAIMS, AND WAIVER OF THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY.
OVERVIEW: The $5,000 Sweepstakes (“National Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Second Street Media, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The National Sweepstakes begins at and ends at (“Sweepstakes Period”). If you satisfy the eligibility requirements (described below), you may enter the National Sweepstakes by completing the entry form for a Local Sponsor Sweepstakes on a participating Local Sponsor Website (defined below). Following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select one (1) National Sweepstakes winner through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Participation in this National Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
EACH WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO WINNER NOTIFICATION AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM NATIONAL SPONSOR WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS ACCORDING TO THE NOTICE(S) FROM SPONSOR OR PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED (IN NATIONAL SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION).
ELIGIBILITY: This National Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria for a participating Local Sponsor Sweepstakes. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives of Sponsor or its advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration or fulfillment of this National Sweepstakes, as well as each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “Released Parties”) and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including any spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, child, legal ward, sibling, grandparent, or grandchild and each of their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household as such persons (whether or not related) are not eligible. Individuals who are prohibited from entering a Local Sponsor Sweepstakes pursuant to the official rules for the Local Sponsor Sweepstakes are also ineligible for this National Sweepstakes. This National Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants can enter the National Sweepstakes by visiting the website (“Website”) of a participating local station or other entity (“Local Sponsor”) that is offering entry into a local sweepstakes affiliated with this National Sweepstakes (“Local Sponsor Sweepstakes”), or by visiting https://ssm.secondstreetapp.com/5000-Sweepstakes/ and following all steps to complete and submit an entry form with all required information. Each Local Sponsor Sweepstakes is a separate sweepstakes governed by its own official rules. Please see the Local Sponsor Sweepstakes official rules from the Local Sponsor through whom you entered for full details.
Entries are “received” when the National Sponsor’s computer logs the completed entry form. Other proof of submitting an entry (such as a screenshot of a “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute actual receipt of the entry for purposes of this National Sweepstakes. National Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for this National Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email in this National Sweepstakes. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries in violation of this condition by using multiple email accounts or by any other method or means are void and persons engaging in such conduct may, in National Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Entries must be submitted and received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period in strict accordance with the instructions and restrictions in these Official Rules. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required content in their entry, or abide by these Official Rules will be disqualified and any associated entry void. Purported entries that are incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegitimate, forged, altered, incomprehensible, garbled, or generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and will be void. The use of any device or process to automate the entry process is prohibited. Entries will not be acknowledged. Entries made on your behalf by another, made by you on behalf of any other individual, or made by any entity, and/or originating at or using any web site or online service other than a Website, including, without limitation, commercial promotion subscription, notification, and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this National Sweepstakes. As a condition of entering the National Sweepstakes, without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor and its agents to obtain and deliver his or her name, address, and other information and content to third parties for the purpose of administering this National Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.
ODDS AND WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: One (1) National Sweepstakes prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for this National Sweepstakes. The drawing will take place Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 11am CT. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Within approximately five (5) business days of the prize drawing, Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential winner at the email address provided at the time of entry. The potential winner will be required to respond to Sponsor as instructed within forty-eight (48) hours of Sponsor attempting to contact the potential winner as described above.
If any prize, prize notification, or National Sweepstakes-related communication is rejected, faulty, or returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner does not respond according to the notification’s or National Sponsor’s instructions or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, the prize may, in National Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting). Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant’s email address or communications that are segregated into a junk or other folder. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given and Sponsor will have no responsibility or liability to that participant. To claim a prize, each potential winner must follow the directions in his or her notification. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate potential winner, if any.
Potential winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized (if applicable) and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and tax documents (collectively, “Prize Winner Documents”) in the form provided by Sponsor, without revision, or prize may be forfeited. The Prize Winner Documents must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of Sponsor sending the documents to the potential winner or other time frame as stated in the Prize Winner Documents, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The prize claim and Prize Winner Documents are subject to verification by Sponsor. The prize, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate winners (time permitting) for the prize for any reason, in which case that prize may go unawarded.
PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
One (1) winner will receive “$5,000” awarded in the form of a check for $5,000 made payable to the winner. ARV: $5,000. National Sponsor makes no representation that the prize will cover any costs, debts or other financial obligations of the winner.
All prize details not specifically stated in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize. Prize will be mailed to the winner following verification at the address provided by winner in the Prize Winner Documents.
No transfers, prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at National Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute stated prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated prize will be awarded. Entrants waive the right to assert, as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim the prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN, AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS, DEATH OR ACCIDENT TO/OF PERSON OR PROPERTY. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT LIMIT OR EXCLUDE THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR TANGIBLE PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE RELEASED PARTIES, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR INTENTIONAL, WILLFUL, MALICIOUS, OR RECKLESS MISCONDUCT.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NATIONAL SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE PRIZE VALUE WILL COVER THE COSTS DEBTS OR OTHER FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS OF THE WINNER.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, the entrant, or by human error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program) or entries in excess of any stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, garbled, mutilated, or misdirected entries, email, mail, or other correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules or the official rules for a Local Sponsor Sweepstakes, in any advertisements, or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware, or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable or otherwise not received or noticed by entrant as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s email or voicemail inbox to receive email or voicemail messages. Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify you, if your email address, or other contact information does not work or is changed without prior written notice to Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner (or any person claiming through such entrant or winner) for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the National Sweepstakes activities or Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected by any cause or event beyond the sole and reasonable control of the applicable Released Party (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, air raid, act of public enemy, war (declared or undeclared), civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, epidemic, fire, explosion, earthquake, flood, hurricane, unusually severe weather, blackout, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, any law, rule, regulation, action, order, or request adopted, taken, or made by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such governmental act proves to be invalid), or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
By entering the National Sweepstakes (except where prohibited by law), each entrant grants the Released Parties the irrevocable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, publish, post or display her or his name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, biographical information, any quotes attributable to her or him and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Released Parties’ sole discretion) for advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes without further obligation or compensation of any kind to her or him, anywhere, in any medium now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, on the Internet), worldwide, without any limitation of time, and without notice, review, or approval and each entrant releases all Released Parties from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
National Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this National Sweepstakes, including interpretation of these Official Rules, acceptance or rejection of purported entries, determination of the winner, and awarding of the prize. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this National Sweepstakes. Participants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the National Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the National Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void online entries or participation from any source if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void entries of any entrants who Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this National Sweepstakes. National Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy, or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any National Sweepstakes-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency within these Official Rules), it will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the National Sweepstakes structure or these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines, at any time and in its sole discretion, that a winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that winner or potential winner, even if the disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. If the National Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the National Sweepstakes and award the prizes from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from him or her and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a participant, the participant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the entry may, in National Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified and any potential prize won forfeited. A registered account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to National Sponsor’s satisfaction, in its sole discretion, the entry will be deemed ineligible. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES MAY VIOLATE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: YOU AGREE THAT THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI. BOTH YOU AND NATIONAL SPONSOR WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND THE RIGHT TO BRING OR RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE AS A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, COLLECTIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION.
THE PARTIES EACH AGREE TO FINALLY SETTLE ALL DISPUTES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES ONLY THROUGH ARBITRATION; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THE NATIONAL SPONSOR SHALL BE ENTITLED TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN OR HAVING JURISDICTION OVER ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MISSOURI AND ANY OTHER COURT WITH JURISDICTION OVER THE PARTIES. IN ARBITRATION, THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY AND REVIEW IS LIMITED. THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION AND AWARD IS FINAL AND BINDING, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, AND JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT WITH JURISDICTION. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION IN THE JAMS (DEFINED BELOW) RULES TO THE CONTRARY, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY OR ANY JURISDICTION TO HEAR THE ARBITRATION AS A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, COLLECTIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR TO CONSOLIDATE, JOIN, OR OTHERWISE COMBINE THE CLAIMS OF DIFFERENT PERSONS INTO ONE PROCEEDING. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, ANY CLAIM, SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION BEFORE A SOLE ARBITRATOR UNDER THE STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES & PROCEDURES OF JAMS INC. (“JAMS”) OR ANY SUCCESSOR TO JAMS. IN THE EVENT JAMS IS UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO SET A HEARING DATE WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS OF THE FILING OF A “DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION,” THEN EITHER PARTY CAN ELECT TO HAVE THE ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY ANOTHER MUTUALLY AGREEABLE ARBITRATION ADMINISTRATION SERVICE WHO WILL HEAR THE CASE. IF AN IN-PERSON HEARING IS REQUIRED, THEN IT WILL TAKE PLACE IN ST. LOUIS, MO, CHICAGO, IL, NEW YORK CITY, NY, LOS ANGELES, CA, ATLANTA, GA OR DALLAS, TX (WHICHEVER IS CLOSEST TO YOUR RESIDENCE). THE FEDERAL OR STATE LAW THAT APPLIES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL ALSO APPLY DURING THE ARBITRATION. DISPUTES WILL BE ARBITRATED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND WILL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED WITH ANY OTHER PROCEEDINGS THAT INVOLVE ANY CLAIMS OR CONTROVERSY OF ANOTHER PARTY, INCLUDING ANY CLASS ACTIONS OR CLASS ARBITRATIONS; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, IF FOR ANY REASON ANY COURT OR ARBITRATOR HOLDS THAT THIS RESTRICTION IS UNCONSCIONABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DOES NOT APPLY AND THE DISPUTE MUST BE BROUGHT IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN ST. LOUIS, MO. NATIONAL SPONSOR AGREES TO PAY THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND ARBITRATOR’S FEES IN ORDER TO CONDUCT THE ARBITRATION (BUT SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR OTHER COSTS OF ENTRANT TO ATTEND THE ARBITRATION HEARING). EITHER PARTY MAY, NOTWITHSTANDING THIS PROVISION, BRING QUALIFYING CLAIMS IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. IN NO EVENT WILL YOU SEEK OR BE ENTITLED TO RESCISSION, INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OR TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE OPERATION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES.
Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim, incidental or consequential damages. The prior limitation on damages is not intended to limit the Released Parties’ obligation (if any) to pay prevailing party costs or fees if recoverable pursuant to applicable law.
WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules or to find out who won this National Sweepstakes, send an email with the subject line of either “$5,000 Sweepstakes – RULES” or “$5,000 National Sweepstakes – WINNERS LIST,” as applicable, to Liz Huff, email@example.com. Rules requests must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Requests for the winners list must be received within three (3) months of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
NATIONAL SPONSOR: Second Street Media, Inc., 1017 Olive St 1st floor, St. Louis, MO 63101.
Add l$5,000 Sweepstakes – “Money Madness”-WPLL
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal Florida residents who are at least 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in the rules.
2. Employees of Marc Media Group, LLC, Marc Radio Gainesville, LLC and Second Street Media, Inc., (collectively, “Sponsor”), their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are not eligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabitating significant others.
How to Enter
3. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
4. This local contest (the “Local Contest”) provides a means to participate in a national sweepstakes (the “Second Street National Sweepstake”) and a local sweepstakes (the “Local Sweepstake”). The full rules of the Second Street National Sweepstake are available directly above (the “Second Street National Contest Rules”). Only one valid entry per person per email address for the Second Street National Sweepstake (through one valid entry per person per email address through a local contest, such as this Local Contest). Entry for the Second Street National Sweepstake through multiple local contests may result in duplicate entries being void and may result in disqualification by Second Street Media, Inc (as discussed in the Second Street National Contest Rules). Only one opportunity to enter per person per email address for the Local Sweepstake; the number of valid entries depends on the information entered and actions taken by the person (as described in further detail in Section 6).
5. Contest entries through the Local Contest will be accepted from 1:00am EST 3/8/2021 until 4/6/2021 12:59am EST.
6. To enter the Local Contest, log onto iamcountryradio.com/contests. Fill out the email registration. Email registration, registers listeners for the Second Street National Sweepstake, as well as the Local Sweepstake. During the registration process, you have the option of entering additional information or taking additional action for additional entries into the Local Sweepstake. However, such information and/ or action must be taken during the initial registration. You cannot go back later to enter this information or take these actions. The options are described in further detail below (none of these options are required to enter):
a. Enter additional information, including your address, city, state and phone number - each additional piece of information entered provides an additional entry.
b. “Refer a friend” – each referral provides an additional entry.
c. Answer multiple choice questions (up to 3 available) from Tri-County Metals – each question answered provides an additional entry.
d. Watch a 30 second video from our local sponsor, Tri-County Metals – watching the video provides three additional entries.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alternations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials for the Local Contest may be maintained as part of WPLL giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. One winner(s) will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries to the Second Street National Sweepstake on or about Tuesday, April 6th, 2021 at 12pm EST by Second Street Media, Inc., as described in further detail in the Second Street National Contest Rules.
9. One winner(s) will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries to the Local Sweepstakes on or around Tuesday, April 6th, 2021 at 12pm EST by the Sponsor.
10. The winner(s) of the National Second Street Sweepstake will each receive $5,000 awarded in the form of a check for $5,000 made payable to the winner by Second Street Media, Inc. The approximate retail value of the prize is $5,000. The prize is provided by Second Street Media, Inc.
11. The winner of the Local Sweepstake will receive a $500 Electronic Amazon Gift Card provided by local sponsor Tri-County Metals. The approximate retail value of the prize is $500.00. The winner will be contacted by Tri-County Metals for details on how to secure prize.
12. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the sweepstakes in the event of natural disasters or acts of God.
13. The winner(s) of the National Second Street Sweepstake will be notified by as described in the Second Street National Contest Rules.
14. The winner(s) of the Local Sweepstake will be notified by email and/or phone on or around April 6th, 2021 at 12pm EST by the Sponsor.
15. Prize exchanges are prohibited. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winners. The winner cannot assign or transfer the prize. Second Street Media, Inc. and/or the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, for any prize, for any reason. Please check the Second Street National Contest Rules (directly above) for any updates to the Second Street National Contest Rules, including the substitution of prizes, and iamcountryradio.com/contests for any updates to the Local Contest rules.
16. The winner is responsible for all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes stated in the rules.
17. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered. Winner must claim prize from the National Second Street Sweepstake as described in the Second Street National Contest Rules and Winner must claim prize from Local Sweepstakes within 15 days of notification.
Odds of Winning; Miscellaneous
18. Odds of winning the prize for the Second Street National Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Second Street National Sweepstakes.
19. Odds of winning the prize for the Local Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Local Sweepstakes.
20. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use the winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
21. Entrants to the Local Contest are subject to the Second Street National Contest Rules, as this Local Contest feeds into the Second Street National Sweepstakes and Local Sweepstakes.
22. The Local Contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at Marc Radio Gainesville, LLC, 100 NW 76 Dr #2, FL, 32607, by appointment with Lwilson@marcradio.com.
23. For a list of prize winners or a copy of the official Second Street National Contest Rules, contact Second Street Media, Inc., as described in the Second Street National Contest Rules.
24. This Local Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions that require registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by the rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the giveaway, or the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternative winner, in its sole discretion.
25. This contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that a participant is using the contest for gambling purposes, they will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
26. Please note that any promotions of these sweepstakes on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with these social media companies.
27. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Local Contest or any portion of it for any reason, if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the contest; or if a computer virus, bug, wireless failure, or other technical program corrupts the administration, security or proper administration of the contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Further Second Street Media, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or modify the Second Street National Sweepstake or any portion of it as described in the Second Street National Contest Rules.
28. Sponsor reserved the right to disqualify, freeze or prohibit the participation of an individual in the Local Contest (and Second Street Media, Inc. reserves such rights as it relates to the Second Street National Sweepstake) if fraud or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or with any provision in these Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an individual from future participation in a contest if Sponsor concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person: (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry processes or other operation of the contest; (b) has disregarded or has attempted to circumvent the Local Contest Rules and/or the Second Street National Contest Rules; (c) has provided misinformation about their identify when entering the Contest or (d) has acted toward Sponsor or any other entrant in an unfair, inequitable, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Rules, Sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to Sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Any attempt to undermine the operation of this contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and/or seek damages from any individual making any such attempts to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any failure of Sponsor to enforce any of these Rules will not constitute waiver of the Local Contest Rules or Second Street National Contest Rules. If there is a conflict between any term of the Local Contest Rules or Second Street National Contest Rules and any marketing or entry materials used in the contest, the terms of the applicable rules will govern.
29. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR PRIZES AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED BY ENTRANT WITH REGARDS TO THE CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES. PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES. All issues and questions concerning construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Local Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with this contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Florida. The state and federal courts located in Orange County, Florida will be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules or the contest. By entering, the entrants submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Orange County, Florida and waive the right to contest jurisdiction.
30. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
ocal rules and prizes here.